Tuesday 13 March 2018

Where I Am Snowed In

So it seems even the world doesn't want me to have a date.

Storm Emma hit everyone in Scotland hard, but it hit me right in the heart.

I'm stranded in my room with barely any food, but I'm glad that I'm with flatmates whom I trust. People have raided the tiny Tesco metro close to where I live and I am not venturing any further out at risk of death. It's been tough living on potatoes for the past two days but I know it's been worse for others. I hope everybody is safe and warm.

Getting back to the question at hand, I have no idea where my courage went. It seems the storm blew it away. And I'm terrified of finding it again.

Worst part is, I found out he's going to leave this year. That leaves me with two months, barely any time to get to know somebody you like. I can feel the motivation ebbing away.

I need advice. Maybe I should call a therapist. You may be thinking: why not ask your friends? Because they're either snakes or they're too busy dating. I can't believe this has become my life.

I don't remember a time in my life where I was so devoid of friendship. My flatmates feel the same way and you would think that might unite us, but no. We seem to live our lives peacefully and individually. We come together for dinner, for a small blether, but never anything more.

I wish somebody out there could give me something more. Anybody. Man, I am way too desperate. That's definitely not going to work for the dating scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment